TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Player terms and conditions
Last Updated 20th July 2011
everwake is run by ARK LAB Design Limited, hitherto known as ARK LAB. While we have designed our events and games so you have as much fun as possible, we do want you to be safe and also not endanger other people, so we ask that you respect other peoples property and safety. This is so we can all have a great time together. People therefore have to agree and comply to these terms and conditions. If you do not want to comply with these terms and conditions then we ask that you do not play our games.
- Before you play our games you will be asked to register with us and to sign a Registration Form to confirm that you accept the Game Rules and these terms and conditions.
- Only properly registered individuals may play our Games.
- You must ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate and complete.
- You must comply with any particular Game Rules that our official organisers provide or announce at the event.
- While we have taken care in designing our games, you recognise that we cannot control the manner in which you play the game or the specific locations in which you do so. Accordingly, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your participation in our games including, without limitation, indirect, or consequential loss or damage; or personal injury or death. We hereby exclude all liability arising from your participation in our games.
- You may wish to play a Game to win or simply for fun with your friends. However, your personal safety and the safety of others is paramount, so please be sensible, remain alert for hazards, take care of yourself and respect other players.
- Most of our games are designed to be played in open public spaces. While we may stipulate where a game may start or finish or particular locations throughout the game, we do not supervise you when playing the game or determine how you get between locations or to the finish. When playing the game you are solely responsible for ensuring that you do not put yourself or others at risk of injury or harm. For example, you must not play the game in the vicinity of hazards, you must not climb buildings or obstacles and you must take particular care when crossing roads and playing near moving vehicles.
- You must not play the game in a way that threatens, intimidates, harasses, demeans or bullies any player or member of the public, or in a way that is otherwise objectionable or unlawful.
- You must not play the Game or any part of it in or on any privately owned property without the consent of the owner of that property and you must not damage the property belonging to anyone else (including, but not limited to, buildings or vehicles).
- If you see any person or property being put at risk when playing a Game, or if you see the Game being played in a way that is contrary to these terms and conditions, please tell one of the official ARK LAB organisers at the event. We cannot supervise players.
Players under 18 years of age
- Unless we specifically state that a Game is open to children, you must be 18 years or over to play our Games.
- Where we have said that a Game is open to children (being a person under 18 years of age), a parent or appropriate adult must determine whether that Game is suitable for that particular child before allowing that child to play the Game. Children must be accompanied at all times by a parent or appropriate adult who must supervise the child's activities when playing the Game and when interacting with other players, as we cannot do so. Before a child plays a Game that is open to children, a parent or appropriate adult must sign our Registration Form to confirm that they and their child will comply with these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel a Game at any time for any reason, including (but not limited to) for bad weather or where we believe that any person or property may be harmed.
- We reserve the right to make changes to Game Rules and Game designs at any time and so Games may have different Game Rules or designs to those advertised before the start of the Game.
Devices and personal belongings
- Where the Game requires you to use a mobile telephone or other electronic device, we will endeavour to identify before the start of the Game the types of devices that will be needed to support the Game. However, we cannot be held responsible if your device is not suitable for the Game, or for any limitation of or defect in that device or any communication link or service.
- If you carry personal belongings or valuables with you when you play the Game, you must take the necessary precautions to safeguard them as you would on the streets of any busy city.
- Our Games often require players to travel some distances across a town or city. You must ensure that you are fit and well enough to play our Games and that you wear appropriate clothing and footwear. We will not reimburse you for any travel or other costs you incur when playing our Games.
- If you have any health or mobility issues that may impair your participation in the Game, you can contact us in advance of the Game through our website www.ark-lab.co.uk While neither ARK LAB nor any of our Game organisers can give you advice specific to your personal needs, we can give you more general information about how the Game can be played to help you decide whether you would like to participate.
- You must agree for your image to be recorded by still or moving image recording equipment and for your image to be used to publicise playARK, ARK LAB and their partner organisations anywhere in the world, in any medium, for all time.
General bits and pieces
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or for that which cannot lawfully be excluded.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions and your participation in the Game shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, to which you and we irrevocably submit.
- ARK LAB Design Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales with number 07297078, whose registered office is Enterprise House, Unit 10, 127 Bute Street, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 5LE, Wales, UK. If you have any questions concerning a specific Game, please contact us beforehand through our website www.ark-lab.co.uk or ask one of the official ARK LAB organisers at the event.